Friday, July 3, 2009

Palin Thinking in Tongues

When I was in college, I had a physics professor from Korea whose language skills left something to be desired. Periodically he would stop speaking in the middle of a sentence and the class would be left hanging. I always assumed that he was thinking in Korean and translating it into English as he went along, but would stop when he had finished a thought in Korean even if it didn't make a complete sentence in English.

I got a similar feeling listening to Sarah Palin explain her reasons for resigning today. It seems like she isn't thinking in the same language that she's speaking in.

2 comments:

  1. I was particularly impressed with her explanation that staying to do the job she was elected to do would be the quitter's way. I've heard that tomorrow she's going to explain how up is actually down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a doozy. I guess it comes from not being wired for "conventional politics as usual." I'm thinking that maybe she should get that checked out by a good union electrician, because something's not up to code.

    ReplyDelete