Sunday, March 8, 2009

CNBC: Dumber Than a Bag of Hammers

The gutting that the Daily Show gave CNBC last Wednesday inspired me to look for what I had recalled as the stupidest thing I had ever heard from one of its on-air infotainers. Amazingly, when I watched the video, it was even stupider than I remembered.



Here is what Burnett had to say:
I think people should be careful what they wish for on China. You know if China
were to revalue its currency or China is to start making toys that don’t have
lead in them or food that isn’t poisonous, their costs of production are going
to go up. That means prices at WalMart here in the United States are going to go
up, too. So I would say China is our greatest friend right now. They’re keeping
prices low and they're keeping prices for mortgages low.
In my mind, I recalled that this was the implication of whatever comments she had made; I suppose because I could not believe that she would have been so stupid as to say it explicitly. She did though.

I was originally going to title this post "The Stupidest Thing I Ever Heard on CNBC," but Burnett is disqualified on a technicality: she made the statement to Chris Matthews on MSNBC.

1 comment:

  1. "food that isn't poisonous"

    too classic.

    ReplyDelete