Let's consider what Sarah Palin is saying here:
- The federal government said no.
- The rest of the nation did not want to fund the project.
- The state wasn't willing to fund the project.
- Palin understood that the project was going nowhere.
- Palin realized that continuing to support the project would not do any good.
- Palin takes credit for killing the project.
The bottom line is that Palin has been lying about telling Congress "thanks but no thanks" on the bridge to nowhere and she knows perfectly well that she has been lying. She did not kill the project. She supported it until it became obvious that it wasn't going to fly. After it was dead, she started kicking it.