- You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.
- Never look a gift horse in the mouth.
- You can’t teach old dogs new tricks. (This one might make McCain sad.)
- A leopard can’t change its spots.
- Curiosity killed the cat.
- Every dog has its day.
- A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
- Don’t count your chickens before they're hatched.
- You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.
- A wolf in sheep’s clothing.
- A bull in a china shop.
- That dog won’t hunt.
- Proud as a peacock.
- Stubborn as a mule.
- Busy as a bee.
- Like shit through a goose.
- If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck.
- Sly as a fox.
- Tiger by the tail.
- Useless as tits on a bull.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
In order to avoid further offense, perhaps the McCain campaign could run the following analogies past Sarah Palin to see if any of them hurt her feelings: